In the purpose of conducting our business, Lavish Limos will often act as a Data Controller as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’). The information below sets out how we mange this process to make sure we comply with the law and respect the privacy of your personal data.
What data do we collect?
We respect the privacy of those who visit our web site or contact us in any other way. We collect various pieces of data including:
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Date of birth
We also collect other information relating to your booking preferences. As this cannot be used for the purposes of identification, it does not fall within the scope of the regulations.
What do we do with the data?
Under the GDPR, we use the following lawful basis for processing your data:
- Consent of the data subject (i.e. where you have given us permission to use your data)
- Performance of a contract (i.e. your booking with us)
- Compliance of a legal obligation (i.e. in relation to our regulatory or licensing requirements)
- To protect the vital interest of the subject (i.e. in the event of an emergency)
In practice, this means that any data that you choose to give will only be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable us to respond to your enquiry
- To ensure that you have the best possible experience when making a booking for our services (i.e. to make sure that we’re in the right pace, at the right time, and that your preferences are accommodated)
- To help keep you updated with our business activities, and then only when you have given us permission to do this
Any data that we store, either electronically or in hard copy form, will be done so securely and can only be accessed by authorised individuals.
You can ask at any time for a copy of the data that we hold on you, and we will provide this for free within one month of receiving the request.
Should you wish us to exercise your legal right to be forgotten and ask us to delete you data we are happy to do so.
Any personal data, such as the details of former clients will be retained for five years. After such time it will be disposed of securely.
On occasion, to enable us to carry out our business, we may have to pass your data onto a third party. The main reasons for this are:
- We have commissioned a freelance / self-employed driver to work on our behalf. They will be provided with contact and booking details (e.g. pickup/drop-off locations, timings, preferences etc)
- It has been requested by a public body in relation to our legal or regulatory duties (e.g. the police, licensing authorities or HMRC)
If a situation arises where we need to pass your data to another third party, we will always obtain your consent first. Under no circumstances will we pass your data on to third parties for marketing purposes.
Our web site uses a range of simple cookies for tracking visitors etc. These only collect anonymised data to help us understand how our web site is being used through tools like Google Analytics.
If you would like more details on this policy, how we use your data or to exercise one of your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 or GDPR, please email email@example.com.